2,700 students in grades Pre-K – 12. Though faced with challenges, Chester Upland’s proud history and the feeling of “C-Pride,” long associated with the District's highly successful sports and cheerleading programs, remains alive and well.
Mission:? The Chester Upland School District is committed to providing all students the opportunity to achieve excellence in the four A's: Academics, Athletics, Arts, and Activities.
The senior leadership team continues to build a talented and committed team to ensure all students are prepared to graduate from Chester Upland school’s career and college ready! The C.O.R.E. is the foundation for which our district stands:
C- Children First: The well-being and continuous learning of every child will drive decisions.
O- One Chester Upland: With dedicated community of partners, parents, students and staff, we will excel, united as One Chester Upland.
R- Reimagining: Through a mode of continuous improvement, we will apply four important levers for change, collaboration, capacity building, deepening knowledge of pedagogy, and focusing direction to improve outcomes for all.
E- Equity, Excellence, and Emotional Intelligence: We will ensure equitable access to a quality education that includes emotional intelligence and leads to excellence across all opportunities and services.
Receipt of a completed application, resume and cover letter
A minimum of three current written letters of reference from previous or current directors, principal, and supervisors
1. Preferred successful completion of Class 1, Special Officer training.
2. Health and physical characteristics suitable for law enforcement duties.
3. High School Diploma or equivalent.
4. Required criminal history background check, physical and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
The School Security Officer shall be responsible for protecting the safety and welfare of students and school personnel in accordance with policies of the Chester Upland Board of Education as set forth in approved Administrative Regulations.
1. To serve as the responsible person in school buildings to provide for the safety and welfare of students and school personnel under the direction of the Principal and the School Safety and SecurityCoordinator.
2. To actively assist in supervising general deportment in corridors, lunchrooms, restrooms and school grounds during the hours in which schools are in session.
3. To maintain decorum and order on school grounds and in the vicinity of schools and at schools and Board of Education events as directed by the Principal or School Safety and Security Coordinator.
4. To carry out administrative procedures necessary in maintaining safety and welfare including liaison with public safety officials and school officials.
5. To monitor the buildings at all times, including the monitoring of lavatories periodically during the day.
6. To comply with the strict regulation against sitting down and socializing.
7. To respond promptly to the signal for calling the School SecurityOfficer.
1. To assume the authority of special officer of the Chester Upland School District during those hours and/or at such events when actually working and on duty carrying out the responsibilities of an employee of the Chester Upland School District.
2. To maintain record of incidents for both staff and students.
3. To present written descriptive reports for major incidents for both staff and students.
4. To perform other duties as assigned.
EMPLOYMENT: Ten (10) months, non-tenured position.
EVALUATION: The School Security Officer will be evaluated by the School Safety and Security Coordinator.
School Security Officer’s Guide Personal Competencies
Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Treats people with respect; Works ethically and with integrity; Respects confidentiality; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Follows instructions, responds to supervisory direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a security officer to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the security officer is regularly required to talk or hear. The security officer is frequently required to walk, climb stairs, and bend. The security officer is required to use hands to fingers or handle documents, telephone, etc. The security officer is occasionally required to stand, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The person filling this position will be evaluated according to the evaluation procedure adopted by the Chester Upland School District.
Excellent medical, prescription, vision and dental coverage
Paid time off
Work Schedule: 10 months a year, 188 workdays. Monday-Friday.
CHESTER UPLAND SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Chester Upland School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Chester Upland School District ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability.Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the Department of Human Resources at 610-447-5886.